We are here to help!
Effective Monday, June 8, 2020, the following measures will be implemented until further notice:
Beginning June 8, 2020 we will be taking appointments for services that cannot be done online or thrugh the drive thru. You can make your appointment online (24 hours ahead of time)!
Appointment only services:
- Legal or decedent accounts
- Youth/Minor accounts-New accounts only
- Instant issue debit cards
- Notary Services
- Safe Deposit Box (Clawson only)
**If you make an appointment for downtown Detroit, please park in the front, on the street. The front doors will be the only doors available.
Important reminders for those making an appointment:
- Masks will be required.
- Upon entering you will need to show us your ID and pull down your mask so we can verify your identity.
- All members will have their temperatures taken upon arrival.
- Only the person with the appointment will be allowed into the branch. (please do not bring additional people unless they are needed for the appt.)
- No food, drinks, or bookbags. Paperwork and a purse are acceptable.
- Our bathrooms will not be available for use.
Phone and digital banking services:
- Online banking – Click here
- Mobile App – Download the DMCU app through the Apple store or Google Play
- Telebanking – 800-860-5704 (check balances, transaction history, make transfers, and more)
- BillPay – Pay all your bills online through online or mobile banking
- Person-to-person payments – Pay anyone via online or mobile banking
- Pay your DMCU loan – Click here
Need to speak to a DMCU representative?
- Call us at 313.568.5000
- Live chat at dmcu.com
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text us at 313.568.5000
Need cash? Click here for a list of ATM locations
Debit Card Replacements
Until further notice, all debit cards will need to be ordered. Please call 313.568.5000 to order your card. Under normal circumstances, a debit card and pin will arrive between 7-10 business days. However, due to the current situation, it may take longer. Thank you for your patience during these times.
Coronavirus Hardship Assistance
We stand prepared to assist members who have been impacted by recent events. Should you encounter hardship as a result of COVID-19, please contact us and we will work with you to deliver the financial assistance you need to get through this unprecedented time. Please call us at 313.568.5000 should you need guidance and assistance.
DMCU is prepared to offer payment relief on the following loans:
- Auto Loans
- Personal Loans
- Mortgage Loans
- Home Equity Loans
- Visa Credit Cards- No payments due in May (This will happen automatically for all members. However, you can still make a payment if you so desire)
If you have an auto loan, revolving line of credit, home equity loan, or personal loan, you may have noticed that your loan payment is not due until May or June (depending on when you made your last payment and when your next payment was due). To provide payment relief, we have moved most members’ payment dates.
If you would like to continue to make your payments, please feel free to do so. If you have an ACH/AFT deposit that is used to make your loan payments, we will redirect those deposits to your savings accounts. If you do not want to skip your loan payments, please let us know at least three business days before your due date and your incoming funds will be applied to your loan payments.
Let us know how we can help you through these tough times. We are all in this together.
Economic Stimulus Payment Information
To receive information regarding your Economic Stimulus Payment, please click here and to check your payment status. The IRS website will also confirm your payment types, direct deposit, or mailed check. If you do not have a direct deposit set up through the IRS the checks will be issued around April 20, 2020. The IRS is developing a web-based portal for you to update your banking information online if your direct deposit information was not previously set up.
There are currently three ACH distributions periods scheduled. Additional distributions will likely be announced at a later date.
- Wave 1 is effective dated April 15, 2020
- Wave 2 is effective dated April 22, 2020
- Wave 3 is effective dated April 29, 2020
If you qualify for an Economic Impact Payment, the government might mail you your money on a prepaid VISA debit card issued by MetaBank. Your Economic Impact Card will come in a plain envelope from "Money Network Cardholder Service" along with important information about the card, instruction for activation fees, and a note from the U.S. Treasury. Do not throw this card away. You will need it to access your Economic Impact Payment.
As your credit union, we are always happy to serve you. However, your economic impact payment and the amount you receive and when you receive it is between you and the IRS. We have no knowledge as to when everyone will receive their payment or how much anyone should receive.
The fastest way to see if your payment has been deposited is to log in to online banking through your app or click here.
Be Aware of Scams
During these uncertain times, you will see an increase of scammers trying to gain your personal information. Please be aware. Diversified Members Credit Union will never call you to solicit personal information. If a call doesn’t feel right, it most likely is not.
DMCU has been a solid fixture in the community for 90 years. We have helped our members manage through difficult times before and we are well prepared to help navigate through these difficult times as well.
Your money is safe at DMCU. We have been a solid financial institution for 90 years. Because of our prudent management, please know your credit union is well-capitalized and we are stronger than ever.